Originally found at: http://smargus.com/2010/08/the-little-r-republican-path-to-restoring-the-constitution/?
I offer as a counterpoint this brief list of actions that would merely begin the process of “returning to the Constitution”. The list could easily number in the hundreds of pages and resemble one of the current Congress’s legislative acts in both size and scope and even that wouldn’t completely “return us to the Constitution.”
With an open mind and with an even more hopeful heart I offer this brief set of actions that would only begin the “return” process and challenge my fellow citizens to consider the magnitude of what must be done to “secure the [former] blessing of liberty to ourselves AND our posterity.
Authors Disclaimer – I make no claim to the precise naming of all agencies, Acts and or laws cited herein.
1. Freeze all federal hiring, this includes funding requests from the executive branch to hire.
2. Repeal the Budget Act of 1974 and all it’s contingent COLA “mandates” no matter the agency or program they are applicable to.
3. Freeze under threat of rescinding funding any and all new regulations currently under review or consideration
4. Have an up or down vote on a Declaration of War with Iraq and with Afghanistan. if either fails then troop withdrawals must begin immediately.
5. Pass the Private Property Restoration Act which among other things shall forbid any federal magistrate from hearing any cases to restrict use of private property.
6. Repeal the AMT permanently by statute.
7. Repeal the capital gains tax.
8. Refuse to fund the Education Department and the Department of Energy, any programs, grants projects or construction begun under these agencies must cease. The EPA’s charter must be rewritten to make it clear that it only has jurisdiction over federal and or territorial waters and land.
9. Repeal ObamaCare and all contingent legislation. Congress must then use legitimate Commerce Clause powers to “make commerce regular” and remove from the tax code all subsidies, all claims of tax credit, any and all restrictions federal law imposes on the sale or use of major medical health insurance. This must include federal recognition of PPO, HMO or other plans created to satisfy Congress.
10. Repeal the FICA and sunset the program by Jan 1, 2030. Establish a cutoff date for continued payment eligibility such as born on or before December 31, 1959.
11. Repeal the Patriot Act of 2001, 2005 and sunset the Department of Homeland Security on or before December 31, 2012.
12. Repeal all mandates, taxes and law pertaining to the SCHIP program.
13. Announce the return of U.S. Gold and Silver bullion coins as legal tender and order the treasury to begin the purchase of bullion with the intent of eliminating paper currency in favor of gold and silver coin and gold and silver coin backed notes.
14. Pass the Debt Consolidation and Repayment Act. This Act will require the sale of all lands currently “owned” by the U.S. government which do not house “needful buildings, docks, arsenals, forts and magazines”. This is not limited to “Parks” and “National forests”. All proceeds are to be solely applicable to the repayment of the U.S. Governments outstanding debts both domestic and foreign.
15. End the federal tax designations enacted and known as 501 (c), (g), 503, 527 e.g. “non-profits”.
16. Repeal the “Income tax witholding act” and enact an immediate and deduction free, flat income tax law, payable once per year by each citizen.
17. Repeal all corporate and business interest, income and profit taxation.
18. Heed the call of 38 states that shall call an convention to amend the Constitution under Article V of the U.S. Constitution.
|Mike Church, Sirius/XM Radio Talkshow Host “The Mike Church Show”, Singer/Songwriter, and Owner “Founding Father Films”
|In the sea of nationally syndicated Straussian Neo-Conservative voices which dominate talk-radio, Mike Church is the lone champion of “little-r” Republicanism regardless of which “party” is in control. He speaks passionately about the necessity of returning to a humble foreign policy, abolishing the FEDERAL RESERVE, the insidious nature of Income Taxation, the false choice of Democrat or Republican, and advocates tirelessly for a full-restoration of the Constitution.As such, and as one of the only voices to have a nationally broadcast platform, Mike is quickly becoming a favorite amongst the burgeoning “Liberty Movement” which sprang up across the internet during Dr. Ron Paul’s 2008 Presidential Campaign.Further, Mike is also an author, filmmaker and singer/songwriter in addition to his duties as host of “The Mike Church Show” Mike uses facts and the actual writings produced by the Founding Generation to promote the singular notion that in order to save our future, we must look back to the principles our beloved union was founded upon.
He is also known for writing and producing a bevy of parody songs that use humor as a vehicle to drive home serious political points. His rendition of the Simon & Garfunkel classic, “Mrs. Robinson,” aptly entitled “Mr. Jefferson” racked up nearly 200,000 views in its first few days on YouTube and was on its way to becoming viral before Google/YouTube stepped in and pulled the clip from the site for reasons the site has never been able to explain. (the clip was later re-uploaded and spread by others) Still, Mike’s message could not be silenced, as it became the theme song for hundreds of “Tax Day Tea Party” events across the country in 2009.
Mike is also the author, producer, and a voice talent behind the heralded documentaries: “Road to Independence” (the story of the Declaration of Independence) and “The Fame of Our Fathers: How Immortality Inspired Our Constitution;” and “The Spirit of ’76”. The third in the series, “Spirit” is also the first feature-length film from Mike Church’s Founding Father Films. The company is currently in production to bring an animated-feature length film version to theaters in the fall of 2010.
The Mike Church show can be heard daily Monday through Friday from 6:00am to 9:00am EST on SiriusXM PATRIOT
If you enjoyed this post:
Click Here to Get the Free Tenth Amendment Center Newsletter,