Allen West Deserves ZERO Redistricting Consideration
Posted by andrew nappi
- Subject: Re:Redistricting Favoring Allen West >
- Date: Tue, January 3, 2012 10:42 am
- To: RedistrictFlorida@flsenate.gov
- Dear Sirs;
- This letter to you is in regard to the St.Petersburg Times story: Broward GOP launches web site to ‘Save Allen West’ from redistricting doom :http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz-florida-politics/content/broward-gop-launches-web-site-save-allen-west-redistricting-doom
- We vehemently oppose ANY special consideration to protect Congressman Allen West in the redistricting process. Congressman West has shown that as a Congressman, he is unable to protect, defend, and uphold the Constitution of the United States. His recent AYE vote in favor of the National Defense Appropriations Act provisions allowing for the arrest and detention of American citizens in America is unforgiveable.
- For someone whose campaign was little more than “I will oppose Obama,” when it comes to the individual liberty and due process protections for Americans, Rep. West has shown Mr. Obama less opposition than Alcee Hastings. Rep. Hastings had the presence of mind to vote NO on this abomination.
- Never before in our history has the president of the United States been given, however unlawfully, the right to arrest and detain American citizens with military force inside the United States. Rep. West’s AYE vote for NDAA has codified this unlawfulness and should in the words of Congressman Ron Paul “chill us to our core.”
- I urge you in the name of LIBERTY to do nothing to protect Allen West’s re-election chances. Mr. West and all those in the Florida delegation who voted AYE for NDAA have forteited their right to serve in favor of a choice to subjugate their constituents.
State Director Florida Tenth Amendment Center
Andrew Nappi is the State Coordinator for the Florida Tenth Amendment Center. He lives in the Tampa Bay Area with wife Tammy and dogs Emma and Bud Lite.